EID are pleased to announce their 8th Annual Symposium on Wednesday 5th June at the Royal College of Physicians on Queen Street, Edinburgh.
• Mark Blaxter (School of Biological Sciences) – Evolution of the filarial nematode-Wolbachia symbiont system
• Lisa Boden (Global Academy of Agriculture and Food Security) – Risk and long-term future resilience to disease outbreaks
• Eleanor Gaunt (The Roslin Institute) – The role of CpG dinucleotides in regulating virus replication kinetics
• Sander Granneman – Unravelling post-transcriptional regulatory networks in pathogenic S. aureus
• Ross Houston (The Roslin Institute) – Genetic basis of disease resistance in fish
• David Longbottom (Moredun Research Institute) – Chlamydia infection in sheep
• Jenny Regan (School of Biological Sciences) – Sex differences in the innate immune system
• Edward Wallace (School of Biological Sciences) – Fungal pathogenesis
• Claire Mackintosh (Regional Infectious Diseases Unit, Western General Hospital) – Antibiotic use in primary care
• Sarah Walmsley (Centre for Inflammation Research) – Regulation of neutrophil apoptosis by hypoxia
Ker Memorial Lecturer
Professor Sharon Peacock from University College London will give the Ker Memorial Lecture.
There is no charge to attend but you do need to book a place through Eventbrite.